Practicing Bagua

Here I describe the teachings of Master He Jing Han, 5th Generation practitioner of the BaguaQuan lineage. Much better sites for more info: http://www.baguaquan.idv.tw/ and http://www.baguadaoyin.com/he-jin-han.htm Purpose: for the students of Master He Jing Han and also for myself to discuss and record our own experiences in our practices. I would like to invite students to please comment on what I post. I must stress that I am a BEGINNER, and in no way try to present myself as an authority.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

vova on habits and ma bu

In a chat with Vova about Ma Bu, our conditioning through habits, and changing this through our practice:

 

Vova: I got a very clear understanding now that (and why they insist on it) correct mabu comes from couple of years practice

[1:17:37 PM] Martin says: yes, they say at least 2 years

[1:17:50 PM] Vovinho says: Somehow we have a habit developed for years, maybe starting from 5-6y.o. when we stop being natural and copy other people who are around us, like parents and friends, a habit of using outer muscles of legs, not tendons and not inner muscles.

[1:18:14 PM] Vovinho says: So overcome this habit, to get the right habit you need a considerable time of doing things right

[1:18:37 PM] Martin says: yes...hardest is unlearning bad habits

[1:18:49 PM] Vovinho says: so I am pretty sure that my 10 minutes of mabu (cumulative per day) even if done every day is not enough to overcome this habit

[1:19:05 PM] Martin says: so what to do

[1:19:22 PM] Vovinho says: so when not doing mabu for couple of days and then try again I do not have a slightest feeling of using the right tendons

[1:19:42 PM] Vovinho says: So now I feel that it should be lots of mabu practice, every day, for a few years

[1:19:46 PM] Vovinho says: this is why

[1:19:52 PM] Vovinho says: Before I did not know why 2 years

[1:20:00 PM] Vovinho says: Maybe there are different reasons as well

[1:20:05 PM] Vovinho says: but for sure this one too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home