Practicing Bagua

Here I describe the teachings of Master He Jing Han, 5th Generation practitioner of the BaguaQuan lineage. Much better sites for more info: http://www.baguaquan.idv.tw/ and http://www.baguadaoyin.com/he-jin-han.htm Purpose: for the students of Master He Jing Han and also for myself to discuss and record our own experiences in our practices. I would like to invite students to please comment on what I post. I must stress that I am a BEGINNER, and in no way try to present myself as an authority.

Monday, June 26, 2006

...and more Ma Bu

The assisted squatting and the dang principle are helping a lot. If I exert force downward through the floor and outward through both my legs equally, as if I want to strangle a bull with my legs while at the same time pressing out against resistance, I’m managing lower back and knees better than before. Still not good of course: my balance, straightening of the upper body while relaxing the  back and general posture still need lots and lots of work. I found several attempts several times per hour, not even long, help a lot. I stopped using a chair, so I stand at my desk. When I feel I need a seat, I do Ma Bu. That will keep me from wanting a chair, just happy standing thank you…;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home